This sauce was born when I needed something to dip spring rolls in, which would be sugar free, soy free and gluten free.
I whipped this sauce up and it tasted so good I ended up using it also with stir-fried green beans. It’s packed with nutrients, anti-oxidants and keeps vampires away!
The only “prep” needed is mincing the garlic. The cilantro (which can be replaced by parsley if you don’t like it) can be torn by hand.
To make the sauce simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl and go wild!
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- a few drops of stevia (or 1 teaspoon of sugar, or honey or agave syrup if you can eat those)
- a sprinkle of salt
- Chopped cilantro (coriander) to taste.
- If you don’t like cilantro – replace it with parsley but don’t give up the herbs altogether! It adds flavor and nutrients.
- For extra heat add chopped chili or dried chili flakes
- For more variety add some chopped spring onion